win a ball from
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This More...

Author Topic: Brunswick/Dv8 finishing products (Read 420 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Brunswick/Dv8 finishing products
on: August 04, 2017, 12:35:12 AM
Anyone know the differences between the royal compound and the factory crown compound Brunswick and Dv8 use to finish a lot of their balls?  I already have the royal compound which i know is 2500 grit and dont want to buy the factory crown if its the same product with an updated name.


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 24354
Re: Brunswick/Dv8 finishing products
Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 04:39:52 AM
It is probably not exactly the same product. When KR and Brunswick went their separate ways, Brunswick renamed all their products and probably used a different supplier. But Factory Crown compound replaces Royal Compound to do the same things. So I wouldn't buy the new one to replace the old one. The old one replaced Rough Buff also to do the same general thing.

(FYI the bottle says 2500 grit, but it is a very aggressive compound and is generally used to take balls from a sanded 500 grit base into the 4000 grit range. When applied over  1000 or 1500 grit base, it will usually result in an almost polished appearance.)
"None are so blind as those who will not see."